We're Hiring | Manager of Operations & Logistics
Location: Hybrid Remote position residing in the Salt Lake City Metro Area
Everything about Rags and Rags Apparel is Simply Unconventional. We believe kids clothing can be bold, standout, even a little edgy, and inspired by our Founder/CEO Rachel Nilsson’s sense of style and adventure.
Frustrated with cheesy, uncomfortable kids clothing options, Rachel Nilsson created her first snapless “Rag” romper out of a stylish, well-loved men’s t-shirt. Her designs quickly became her kids’ favorites and won a cult following of fiercely loyal fans who discovered Rags on Instagram. Rachel made the leap from her basement, to Rags.com, then on to Shark Tank success, Nordstrom and beyond. Vogue and Huffington Post have celebrated Rags as a Top 10 Coolest Kids Brand. Rachel leads Rags with her own unconventional style and her belief in living in the moment, being good to the core, and always being ready to party.
Known and loved for bold colors, patterns, and simply unconventional style, Rags is a baby-to-big-kid brand of super-soft rompers, dresses, joggers, tees, and the game-changing, patent-pending Peek-a-booty for babies. Limited Edition drops and our everyday Premium Essentials Collection are core to the Rags brand experience. Rags sets itself apart with its premium, durable, unique blend of luxe modal-cotton, which is designed for easy comfort and so-good-it-lasts wearability.
Manager of Operations & Logistics
The Operations and Logistics Manager will ensure that the company's supply chain meets business and consumer demand along with Ecommerce and wholesale sales channel requirements. This role will investigate and implement changes in Logistics (Inbound, 3PL warehouse management, Outbound) and find efficiencies in a changing global market environment. Responsible for managing and achieving optimal levels of inventory and working closely with demand planner. The operations manager will work to improve systems and processes, select and manage vendors and vendor performance, and create scorecards and SOPs.
- Oversee 3PL warehouse/fulfillment center, processes, and systems and ensure adherence to wholesale customer SOPs, including researching and negotiating chargebacks and finding cost-savings.
- Partner closely with demand planning, product development, and leadership team to issue POs, track on-order, inbound/imports.
- Evaluate entire supply chain, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement changes to reduce freight and import costs.
- Tracking deliveries and owning company-wide communication on timing of deliveries.
- Source and select vendors as needed.
- Oversee EDI set up and transmissions for key retailers, working with tech vendors to ensure efficient set up and accurate, timely transmissions.
- Work closely with 3PL warehouse and monitor receipts, fulfillment and outbound shipping costs and procedures, identifying process and vendor improvements for best pricing, speed, and efficiency.
- Evaluate Rags systems, processes, and vendors for best performance and ensure Rags is well-positioned to scale growth.
- Maintain active communication with leaders from Customer Service, Sales, Operations, Finance, and Product Development. For concept development, designing new programs, discussing product options, sharing market information and demand, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in in similar positions, with relevant experience in Logistics, 3PL warehouse management, inventory, picking/packing processes, inbound and outbound optimization, Transport and USA regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or related field
- Experience in the apparel industry preferred
- Ability to thrive in a high growth environment where teams and needs quickly evolve
- Highly analytical and high proficiency with excel, ERPs, and inventory management systems
- Solid understanding of finance and operational KPIs and ability to assimilate data and create reports for leadership team
- High attention to detail, exceptional follow-through, and a solution-oriented, problem-solving mindset
- Strong skills with MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint) and PLM platforms
- Must reside in Salt Lake City metro area or be willing to relocate. Position is remote hybrid but requires in-person and warehouse meetings weekly or as needed
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.