We're Hiring | Sr. Manager of Merchandising & Planning
Location: Hybrid Remote position residing in the Salt Lake City Metro Area
Everything about Rags and Rags Apparel is Simply Unconventional. We believe kids clothing can be bold, standout, even a little edgy, and inspired by our Founder/CEO Rachel Nilsson’s sense of style and adventure.
Frustrated with cheesy, uncomfortable kids clothing options, Rachel Nilsson created her first snapless “Rag” romper out of a stylish, well-loved men’s t-shirt. Her designs quickly became her kids’ favorites and won a cult following of fiercely loyal fans who discovered Rags on Instagram. Rachel made the leap from her basement, to Rags.com, then on to Shark Tank success, Nordstrom and beyond. Vogue and Huffington Post have celebrated Rags as a Top 10 Coolest Kids Brand. Rachel leads Rags with her own unconventional style and her belief in living in the moment, being good to the core, and always being ready to party.
Known and loved for bold colors, patterns, and simply unconventional style, Rags is a baby-to-big-kid brand of super-soft rompers, dresses, joggers, tees, and the game-changing, patent-pending Peek-a-booty for babies. Limited Edition drops and our everyday Premium Essentials Collection are core to the Rags brand experience. Rags sets itself apart with its premium, durable, unique blend of luxe modal-cotton, which is designed for easy comfort and so-good-it-lasts wearability.
Sr. Manager, Merchandising & Planning
The Merchandising and Planning Manager will report directly to the President and the CEO/Founder and work closely with our head of Product Development and Production and head of Marketing. This role will drive product assortment strategy and line development and continuously evaluate the performance of core, new products, seasonal needs, and style-level performance in order to develop a short and long-term growth strategy and maximize sales and profitability in the business. In addition, the Merchandising & Planning Manager will keep their eye on macro trends and consumer insights, to identify new style and category opportunities. This is a hybrid in-office/remote position based in the Salt Lake City, metro area with a requirement to be in office 1-3 days per week.
- Own the merchandising and design calendar to create and implement seasonal line plan by style to achieve business strategies and sales targets set forth by CEO and President
- Guide buying process to communicate design’s vision and ensure it reflects business strategy and hits production timeline
- Manage and communicate cross-functionally to bridge design, product development, production, and marketing to ensure cohesive processes and timelines
- Manage and partner with the design team to build a balanced seasonal line based on empirical data and sales analyses, as well as trend and brand awareness
- Produce weekly reports recapping sales by channel and product. Provide further detail at the product level to summarize performance by category, classification, color, material, and price point.
- Manage and report financial results and performance on product lines
- Establish retail price points based on competitive set and margin targets set forth by President
- Build sales objectives for categories with CEO/President
- Must reside in Salt Lake City metro area or be willing to relocate. Position is remote hybrid but requires 1-3 days a week in-person.
- 5+ years of experience leading merchandising across multiple categories with experience in baby/kids apparel strongly preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in Merchandising or Design
- Experience working and leading within a small team and high growth stage environment where team size, infrastructure, and needs quickly evolve
- Ability to extract, assimilate and present data to lead data-driven recommendations and decisions
- High attention to detail, exceptional follow-through, and a solution-oriented, problem-solving mindset
- Strong skills with MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint) and PLM platforms
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.